Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warwick Bishop discusses the importance of reducing the risk of heart disease and improving general health literacy. He highlights the prevalence of heart disease in Australia and the world, with over 20 people dying from heart disease every day in Australia alone.
Doctor Bishop then shifts the focus to inflammatory bowel disease, specifically the link between sugar consumption and Crohn's disease. He cites a study that found increased consumption of sugary beverages doubled the chance of developing Crohn's disease. The researchers speculated that sugar alters gut microbiome, which affects the gut lining and permeability, leading to inflammation.
Doctor Bishop emphasizes the importance of looking after gut microbiome with fiber, healthy foods, and fermented foods. He also recommends a healthy Mediterranean diet and lifestyle to reduce the risk of heart disease and other health issues.
Dr. Bishop encourages listeners to subscribe to his podcast and videocast station and to visit www.virtualheartcheck.com.au for more information on risk and prevention.
- Heart disease is a major issue in Australia, with over 20 people dying from it daily.
- Inflammatory bowel disease is a debilitating condition that affects younger people and requires immune modifying medications.
- Increased sugar consumption is associated with increased weight gain.
- Increased sweet beverage consumption doubles the chance of developing Crohn's disease.
- Sugar alters gut microbiome, which can lead to the loss of integrity of the intestinal wall and movement of inflammatory particles.
- The impact of sugar on inflammatory bowel disease is more significant in Crohn's disease than ulcerative colitis.
- Gut microbiome is important for overall health, and it can be supported by consuming fiber, healthy foods, and fermented foods.
- A healthy Mediterranean diet and lifestyle can help improve overall health.
- The podcast aims to help people live as well as possible for as long as possible.
- The podcast encourages listeners to share the information with their family and friends to help prevent heart disease and other health issues.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON