Doctor Warrick Bishop's qualifications include:
- First cardiologist in Tasmania with this specialist recognition in CT Cardiac Coronary Angiography
- Current member of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, Australian and New Zealand International Regional Committee , or SCCT ANZ IRC.
- Level B certification, with the Australian Joint Committee for CCTA
- Member of the Society of Cardiac Computed Tomography
- Member of the Australian Atherosclerosis Society
- Participant on the panel of ‘interested parties’ developing a model of care and national registry for familial hypercholesterolaemia
- Accredited examiner for the Royal Australian College of Physicians, regularly involved with teaching medical students and junior doctors
- Worked with Hobart’s Menzies Institute for Medical Research on projects in an affiliate capacity
- Recognised by the Medical School of the University of Tasmania with academic status
- Past Member of the Clinical Issues Committee of the Australian Heart Foundation, providing input to issues of significance for the management of heart patients
Connect with Dr Warrick Bishop
About Dr. Warrick Bishop - is a 3-Time #1 International Best Selling Author and Cardiologist with a special interest in cardiovascular disease prevention incorporating imaging, lipids, and lifestyle.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all this is…
Every one of those cases could have been prevented.
The problem is most people think that a heart attack won’t happen to them. It is a problem that happens to other folks. The elderly, people who are overweight, or people who don’t exercise and look after themselves.
The truth is a heart attack can happen to any adult. It can even happen to people who “feel fine.” The key to avoiding heart disease and heart attacks is preventing the ‘too late’ signs. Chest pain, breathlessness, and palpitations.
Curbing these before they happen is the holy grail of preventative cardiology.
It is my goal is to help people prevent heart attacks and the diseases that cause them. Educating and supporting people to understand the importance of heart health. Challenging them to live heart-smart so they can Scale more Summits, Run more Races, and Live for more moments that make their hearts beat.
I’m Dr Warrick Bishop, and I want you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a world-renowned practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist, a private practice of over 10,000 patients and have reviewed and reported on approximately 3000 Cardiac CT scans.
I graduated from the University of Tasmania, School of Medicine, in 1988 then completed my advanced training in cardiology in Hobart, Tasmania, becoming a fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians.