Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop, a cardiologist, discusses hormone replacement therapy (HRT) with Dr. V, an OBGYN with over 20 years of experience. They discuss the impact of HRT on cardiovascular risk, bone health, and sexual health.
HRT can be helpful for women experiencing moderate to severe symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness. However, it is not recommended for women with a history of heart attack or stroke, or those with a risk of deep venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
The dosage of birth control pills is not the same as HRT, and HRT is not a first-line therapy for osteoporosis. Women who need HRT should be on the lowest dose for the shortest amount of time possible. Customized care is important, and women should speak with their OBGYN about their specific symptoms and possible treatments.
The Healthy Heart Network offers lifetime access to information and tools to help people understand their risk of heart attack and take positive steps to reduce that risk.
- Heart disease is a major issue in Australia, with over 20 people dying from heart disease every day.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) was once considered protective against heart disease, but a study showed an increased risk of heart attacks and strokes in women on HRT.
- Women who already have a history of heart attack or stroke are not candidates for HRT.
- Women with severe symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, are candidates for HRT.
- HRT can be helpful for bone density and sexual health, but it's not a first-line therapy for osteoporosis.
- HRT may increase the risk of breast cancer in women who are susceptible.
- HRT may have a small increased risk of clot formation, but this would be dealt with on an individual basis.
- Customized care is important in the diagnosis and treatment of menopause symptoms.
- Exercise and diet can help manage menopause symptoms without medication.
- The Healthy Heart Network offers resources to help people understand their risk of heart attack and take positive steps to reduce that risk.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON