Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop discusses the importance of preventing heart attacks and improving general health on a global scale. He highlights the alarming statistics of heart attacks in Australia, with one occurring almost every 10 minutes and over 20 people dying from it daily.
Doctor Bishop also talks about sepsis, a medical situation caused by infections in the blood, which affects 1.7 million people annually in the United States, with 350,000 deaths. Historically, blood cultures have been used to identify sepsis, but this process can take several days.
However, a new technology has been developed that can identify specific bacteria in just two and a half hours using a porous blood sample and DNA amplification and matching analysis. Although this technology has limitations, it has the potential to be a game changer and save lives.
Doctor Bishop encourages listeners to join the Healthy Heart Network, which provides lifetime access to information about heart health and risk reduction strategies for a small fee.
- Heart attacks are a major problem in Australia, with over 20 people dying from a heart attack every day.
- Many heart attacks could be prevented with proper risk reduction strategies.
- Dr. Warwick Bishop is a cardiologist, author, keynote speaker, and CEO of the Healthy Heart Network, which aims to help people live as well as possible for as long as possible.
- Infections in the blood, or sepsis, are a significant medical problem that can affect 1.7 million people per year in the United States, with 350,000 deaths.
- Historically, blood cultures have been used to identify sepsis, which involves waiting 24-48 hours for bacteria to grow in the blood culture bottles.
- A new technology has been developed that can identify specific bacteria in a patient's blood in just two and a half hours, using a process that involves drying out a sample of whole blood and running it through a DNA amplification and matching analysis process.
- This new technology has demonstrated efficacy with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and candida albicans.
- The new technology can provide information about the likely medications that would be beneficial for therapy within a two and a half hour period.
- Although blood cultures may still be used to match up an organism with the medication that it responds to, the new technology will give us good information and great insight into what bug is there and what initial therapies are indicated.
- The Healthy Heart Network offers a membership program called the Healthy Heart Network, which provides lifetime access to information about heart health and risk reduction strategies for a one-time fee of $5.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON