Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
The episode discusses Doctor Warrick Bishop's experience with eye issues over several years. After noticing vision problems, he discovered small retinal tears that required laser treatment. Regular checkups then revealed elevated eye pressure, though no glaucoma damage yet. He now must use eye drops indefinitely to control his pressure. Doctor Bishop emphasizes the importance of maintenance and regular health screenings to catch issues early when they can be managed.
- The speaker, Dr. Warrick Bishop, is a cardiologist who hosts a podcast about heart health and shares his own experience dealing with eye issues.
- He noticed issues with blurriness and clarity in his right eye, which led him to see an optometrist and ophthalmologist.
- Examinations revealed tears in his retina which were treated with laser surgery.
- His eye pressures were also borderline high, so he underwent another laser procedure to improve fluid drainage.
- Over a year later he again noticed vision issues in his right eye and it felt heavy. Testing found high pressure in that eye.
- High pressure can damage the optic nerve if left untreated, leading to vision loss - a condition called glaucoma.
- He feels lucky his issues were caught early before nerve damage occurred.
- He now takes eye drops regularly to manage his condition.
- Key risk factors for eye pressure issues are age and family history.
- Regular eye exams are important for monitoring conditions like glaucoma that can be managed if caught early.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON