Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
This episode discusses health and fitness, featuring an interview with strength coach Jason Curtis. Curtis discusses his background in the military and passion for physical training. He now owns a gym and has authored over 20 books. Curtis finds that many people become more focused on healthspan than lifespan as they age. He sees more motivation from paying gym members than forced military trainees. While exercise is important, Curtis believes nutrition requires a different skillset and refers clients to specialists. The episode concludes by discussing Curtis' process for writing books and passion for publishing physical copies.
- Jason Curtis is a strength and conditioning coach based in the UK who has authored over 20 books. He discusses his journey from a military background into the fitness industry.
- Jason found that civilians seeking out personal training were often more motivated than those in the military who were required to exercise. Many civilians now pursue fitness goals beyond just appearance.
- The concept of "health span" over lifespan is becoming increasingly important as people focus on being active and independent in their older years.
- Free or discounted content tends to have lower completion rates compared to paid content, since payment represents investment on the user's part.
- Jason has coined the term "conventional fitness racing" to describe low-barrier athletic events involving running and bodyweight exercises that are growing in popularity.
- Nutrition is an important complement to exercise but requires a different skill set than programming workouts. Jason refers clients to specialized nutrition coaches.
- Jason writes detailed books by first outlining the table of contents and section headings, then filling in content details.
- The middle stage of a writing project can be challenging as initial momentum wanes before completion.
- Publishing a physical book provides satisfaction beyond digital formats.
- Heart disease is a major global killer that can often be prevented through lifestyle changes like managing risk factors.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON