Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
This episode discusses 10 commandments for heart health, including not smoking, regular exercise, healthy eating, limiting alcohol, controlling blood pressure and weight, managing diabetes and cholesterol, understanding heart medications, and building a support system. It recommends getting a heart scan to precisely determine cardiovascular risk beyond standard risk calculators. An interesting finding mentioned is that a study on the artificial sweetener aspartame showed it could increase anxiety levels even in subsequent generations of mice not directly exposed.
- The 10 Commandments of Heart Health are: don't smoke, exercise regularly, eat well and maintain a healthy weight, limit alcohol consumption, keep blood pressure under control, monitor diabetes, know your cardiovascular risk, know your cholesterol levels, understand aspirin and heart medications, and have your own support team.
- Smoking greatly increases the risk of heart disease and is very addictive.
- Regular exercise can help reduce risks of heart attack, stroke, dementia and improve mental health.
- Processed and artificial foods may negatively impact health in unintended ways over generations.
- Moderate alcohol intake is best, with complete abstinence having no detrimental effects.
- High blood pressure increases risks of stroke, heart attack and other conditions.
- Being overweight increases risks of diabetes and heart disease.
- Knowing precise cardiovascular risk requires artery imaging beyond standard risk calculators.
- Cholesterol levels should be monitored and managed with doctor guidance.
- Surrounding oneself with a supportive team is important for lifestyle changes.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON