Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
Doctor Warrick Bishop discusses various topics from a cardiology conference, including long QT syndrome and how stress testing can help evaluate it. He highlights that only 32% of patients with high blood pressure have it adequately controlled. Doctor Bishop also notes the complexities of managing pregnant patients with mechanical heart valves, as anticoagulation treatment needs careful monitoring. The podcast provides insights from medical experts on important cardiovascular issues like blood pressure management and risks during pregnancy, helping listeners understand heart health.
- Heart disease is a major issue in Australia, with someone suffering a heart attack every 20 minutes. Lifestyle changes like managing blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol can help reduce risks.
- Long QT syndrome is a condition where the QT interval on an ECG is abnormally long, increasing risks of cardiac arrhythmias. Stress tests can help evaluate how the QT interval changes.
- Different beta blockers may be better than others for long QT syndrome. Seeking guidance from experts is recommended.
- Measuring central blood pressure within the aorta may provide additional clinical insights compared to arm blood pressure readings.
- Only 5% of home blood pressure machines in Australia have been validated against standards, making their readings potentially unreliable. 24-hour blood pressure monitors are a better option.
- Over 60% of high blood pressure cases in Australia are not well controlled, increasing health risks. Getting blood pressure checked is important.
- Managing heart conditions during pregnancy, like with mechanical heart valves, can be very complex and require careful anticoagulation monitoring.
- Discussing any heart issues with cardiologists and obstetricians before trying to get pregnant is strongly advised.
- Coronary artery disease is a major killer, affecting 1 in 4 people. Understanding personal risks can help.
- The podcast aims to provide information to help people live as well as possible for as long as possible through better heart health.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON