Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
Dr. Warrick Bishop hosts a podcast about health and wellness. He discusses findings from the Harvard Study of Adult Development, which found that close relationships and good health were the two major factors for happiness. Strong relationships were actually a better predictor of good health outcomes than other factors like career success. The study also showed that happiness fluctuates and loneliness can be problematic if one does not have close relationships.
Dr. Bishop then talks about research on detecting cancers like colorectal cancer through blood tests by finding abnormal DNA and RNA fragments in the bloodstream. He highlights that non-invasive blood tests for cancer may soon replace colonoscopies. In closing, Dr. Bishop encourages living well and building relationships for a happy life.
- The podcast aims to help listeners understand blood pressure, weight, cholesterol and live as healthily as possible for as long as possible to avoid heart disease.
- One of the longest longitudinal studies found that good relationships and health are most important for happiness.
- Loneliness can be problematic, so it's important to build relationships through community, hobbies, sports or volunteer work.
- Happiness fluctuates and is not constant, as portrayed on social media. Relationships help build resilience during ups and downs.
- There is significant research into blood-based biomarkers that could detect cancers like colorectal cancer through simple blood tests.
- DNA and RNA fragments from cancers may enter the bloodstream and be detectable to identify issues.
- Non-invasive blood tests may eventually replace procedures like colonoscopies for cancer screening.
- The podcast host recommends maintaining relationships and health for a happy life.
- An article discussed research on detecting colorectal cancer through blood biomarkers.
- The Healthy Heart Network is provided to check one's heart attack risk and learn how to reduce it.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON