Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
This episode discusses treatments for cardiovascular health. Lifestyle changes like a Mediterranean diet, exercise and weight loss are the first line of treatment. Medications are also used for both prevention and symptom relief, including aspirin, blood pressure drugs and cholesterol drugs.
Procedures like stents and bypass surgery can open blocked arteries while valve replacements and ablation procedures can treat valve issues and irregular heartbeats. Exciting new technologies like stem cell therapy and mRNA treatments may play a larger role in the future. Overall, a combination of lifestyle changes, medications and procedures can help improve cardiovascular health.
- Lifestyle changes like a Mediterranean diet, exercise, and weight loss are the first line of treatment for cardiovascular health.
- A Mediterranean diet consists of foods like olive oil, fish, nuts, and limited amounts of meat and carbohydrates.
- Exercise like brisk walking for 30 minutes 5 times a week or 10,000 steps a day is recommended for cardiovascular health.
- Weight loss can help reduce risk of cardiovascular issues, so losing weight before it becomes a major problem is advised.
- Medications are used for both prevention and treatment of cardiovascular symptoms, including aspirin, blood pressure drugs, and cholesterol drugs.
- Stents can be used to open blocked arteries and improve blood flow.
- Valve replacement and repair surgeries are options for treating valve issues. Newer minimally invasive procedures are becoming available.
- Ablation procedures can be used to correct abnormal heart rhythms.
- Future treatments may include stem cell therapy and mRNA technologies.
- Lifestyle changes are the most important first step for cardiovascular health.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON