Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
This episode discusses ways to prevent heart attacks by reducing risk factors. Heart disease commonly refers to problems with arteries like atherosclerosis where cholesterol builds up in the arteries and can rupture causing a heart attack. Electrical issues, valve problems, heart muscle inflammation, infections, toxins and drugs can also cause heart disease. Amyloid protein can infiltrate the heart and disrupt its function.
- The buildup of cholesterol in the arteries, known as atherosclerosis, can rupture suddenly and cause a heart attack when blood flow to the heart is blocked.
- A heart attack is medically known as a myocardial infarction, where heart muscle tissue dies from lack of blood flow.
- Narrowing of arteries from atherosclerotic plaque can starve the heart of oxygen, especially during exercise.
- Heart disease can also involve electrical problems, valve issues, heart muscle inflammation, infections, toxins, and infiltration of substances into the heart tissue.
- Alcohol, chemotherapy drugs, and amyloid protein deposits can damage the heart.
- The podcast aims to inform and educate people about heart disease risks and prevention strategies.
- The Healthy Heart Network provides information and resources to help people understand and reduce their risk of heart attack.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON