Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this episode, Doctor Warrick Bishop, CEO of the Healthy Heart Network, discusses heart disease and ways to prevent it. Heart disease is a leading cause of death in Tasmania, with approximately one in eight deaths attributed to it.
Doctor Bishop has partnered with St. Luke's Health to develop a pilot study to better screen for cardiovascular disease. The study will focus on identifying 100 people to undergo a virtual heart assessment and recommend a coronary artery calcium score CT scan based on their results. The calcium score shines up bright and white on CT scanning, making it a great way to identify plaque buildup in arteries. Doctor Bishop's website, Virtual Heart Check, allows people to proactively see if they're appropriate for scanning and purchase the scan online.
The current population-based risk assessment tool used to determine heart disease risk is not precise enough, and Doctor Bishop advocates for precision care by looking at individual hearts. Calcium scoring has been criticized for not being mainstreamed, but Doctor Bishop believes it's a quick, cheap, and effective way to identify people at risk.
- Heart disease is a significant health issue in Australia, with heart attacks occurring every 20 minutes.
- The Healthy Heart Network, led by Doctor Warrick Bishop, aims to help people live healthier lives and prevent heart disease.
- St. Luke's Health has partnered with Doctor Bishop to develop a pilot study to better screen for cardiovascular disease in Tasmania.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in Tasmania, with approximately one in eight deaths attributed to it.
- The pilot study will focus on identifying 100 people to undergo a virtual heart assessment and recommend a coronary artery calcium score CT scan.
- The calcium score CT scan is a quick, cheap, and effective way to identify plaque buildup in arteries, which can lead to heart attacks.
- Population-based risk assessment tools are not always accurate in predicting an individual's risk of heart attack.
- Calcium scoring has not been universally adopted due to ethical concerns around randomized controlled trials.
- The Healthy Heart Network offers a free risk check to help individuals understand their risk of heart attack.
- Being proactive about heart health, through measures such as regular CT scans and risk assessments, can help prevent heart attacks and improve overall health outcomes.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON