Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop, a cardiologist, discusses the importance of understanding blood pressure for better health.
He explains that blood pressure is a silent killer that can fly under the radar, and that it is a spectrum from low to high, with a perfect level that is different for each individual. He notes that stress, genetics, and aging can all contribute to high blood pressure.
Losing weight can help reduce blood pressure, with one kilogram of weight loss resulting in a one millimeter mercury reduction in blood pressure.
The website www.virtualheartcheck.com.au can be used to check your risk and learn more about how to be even more precise in reducing your risk. The podcast ends with a reminder of the importance of maintaining healthy blood pressure levels to prevent heart disease.
- Blood pressure is a spectrum, and there is a perfect level for each individual.
- Elevated blood pressure causes wear and tear on arteries, leading to health problems.
- Stress can cause a temporary increase in blood pressure.
- Genetics can play a role in high blood pressure.
- As we age, our arteries get stiffer, leading to higher blood pressure.
- Losing weight can help reduce blood pressure.
- One kilogram of weight loss equals one millimeter of mercury reduction in blood pressure.
- Alcohol consumption can increase blood pressure.
- Virtualheartcheck.com.au can help individuals assess their risk for heart disease.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
In this episode, Doctor Bishop discusses the importance of understanding blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol for better health. He explains that blood pressure is a spectrum, and that there is a point for any individual where their lowest blood pressure is ideal. He also explains that stress, genes, and age can all contribute to high blood pressure, and that losing weight can help reduce it.
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON