Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
Doctor Warrick Bishop is a cardiologist, author, and keynote speaker who aims to help people live as well as possible for as long as possible.
In Australia, heart disease is a significant issue, with someone suffering a heart attack every 20 minutes. This podcast aims to help people understand blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol for better health.
The podcast covers a conference on heart failure and cholesterol management, where experts discussed lipoprotein A, a lipid particle that can increase the risk of coronary artery disease and aortic stenosis. The conference also covered the use of artificial intelligence in risk calculation and the importance of weight reduction in individuals with fatty liver disease.
The conference also discussed the intersection of genetics and heart failure and the future of understanding it.
The podcast concludes with a free risk check at www.virtualheartcheck.com for those interested in knowing more about their risk of heart attack.
- Heart disease is a major issue in Australia, with someone suffering a heart attack every 20 minutes.
- The podcast is focused on helping people understand blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol for better health.
- Lipoprotein A is a lipid particle that is not commonly known but is important in understanding residual risk in individuals with high cholesterol.
- Lipoprotein A can accumulate in the arteries and increase the chance of coronary artery disease and aortic stenosis.
- There are guidelines and recommendations on who should be tested for lipoprotein A and when they should be tested.
- Artificial intelligence can be used to refine current risk factor tools and give causal information in regard to risk factors that we're trying to manage, such as cholesterol or blood pressure.
- Fatty liver disease is becoming a major cause of cirrhosis, and individuals with fatty liver disease benefit from weight reduction.
- Visceral fat is more problematic for cardiovascular risk than subcutaneous fat.
- Strain evaluation is used in surveillance during chemotherapy to evaluate the heart's muscle structure and how it behaves.
- Heart failure can be caused by genetics and external triggers such as chemotherapy, alcohol, or an infected process.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON