Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop interviews Alistair Horscroft, CEO of the Mind Academy, about habits and behavior change.
Horscroft explains that the brain has two ways of processing information: basic association and meaning. He gives an example of how changing the association of Coca-Cola from positive to negative can help change a habit.
However, he also emphasizes the importance of understanding the meaning behind a habit and replacing it with something else that meets the same need. Horscroft believes that successful habit change requires a synthesis of different approaches, rather than a one-size-fits-all solution. He also stresses the importance of the client being motivated to make the change, rather than the therapist or coach.
Finally, Doctor Bishop and Horscroft discuss the importance of recognizing the art of medicine, rather than relying solely on evidence-based practice.
- The podcast is about helping people understand blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol for better health.
- The guest in the podcast is Alistair Horscroft, CEO of the Mind Academy, and known as the street philosopher.
- The brain has two important parts: the mind and the brain itself.
- Psychology may not be working as well as it could because it does not deal with deeper beliefs that may be propagating the actual problem or behavior.
- To make successful habit changes, we need to be aware of both the basic brain associations and the meaning behind the habit.
- The power dynamic in therapy should be installing the power within the client, not forcing the client to change.
- The therapist should make the client prove that they want the change enough.
- The therapist should assess how the client experiences the habitual problem and clarify the pain-pleasure relationship to that thing.
- The meaning behind a habit is important, and the therapist should understand the secondary gain.
- The Healthy Heart Network offers lifetime access to help people understand their risk of heart attack and the positive steps they can take to reduce that risk.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON