Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop, a cardiologist, discusses strategies to prevent heart attacks and improve general health on a global scale. He highlights the high incidence of heart attacks in Australia, with one occurring almost every 10 minutes and over 20 people dying from a heart attack each day.
Doctor Bishop then discusses a recent study called Cosmos Mind, which examined the impact of vitamins and cocoa on the aging brain. The study found that a simple multivitamin mineral supplement offered some benefit, while cocoa did not.
Doctor Bishop suggests that a multivitamin mineral supplement may be beneficial for older populations with comorbidities. He also discusses the difference between cacao and cocoa and suggests that cacao, the less refined and more raw product, may have more active ingredients that could be beneficial for cognitive function.
Dr. Bishop emphasizes the importance of a holistic approach to health, including regular exercise, meditation, and a healthy diet. He also encourages listeners to check their risk of heart attack and provides a website for virtual heart check.
- Heart attacks are a major health concern in Australia, with one occurring almost every 10 minutes and over 20 people dying from a heart attack each day.
- Strategies can be put in place to reduce the risk of heart attacks and improve overall health.
- The Cosmos Mind study examined the impact of vitamins and cocoa on the aging brain, with a focus on memory, executive function, and cognition.
- The study found that a simple multivitamin mineral supplement offered some benefit to older individuals with comorbidities, while cocoa did not.
- Cacao, the less refined and more raw product of the cacao bean, may have more active ingredients that could be beneficial for cognitive function.
- Fish oil is a commonly consumed supplement in Australia, but its role in cognitive function is unclear.
- A holistic approach to health, including regular exercise, meditation, and multiple interventions, is important for healthy aging.
- Dr. Warwick Bishop is a cardiologist, author, keynote speaker, and CEO of the Healthy Heart Network, with a mission to prevent heart attacks and improve overall health on a global scale.
- The Virtual Heart Check website provides a way to check one's risk of heart attack and learn about preventative measures.
- Dr. Bishop encourages listeners to live as well as possible for as long as possible and to take care of their health.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON