Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
Doctor Warrick Bishop is a cardiologist, author, keynote speaker, and CEO of the Healthy Heart Network. He believes that heart attacks can be prevented by reducing risk through strategies such as weight management, exercise, and general health literacy.
Obesity is linked to genetics and epigenetics, which modify how genes are expressed. The body regulates its own weight through set points, and as fat tissue accumulates, it produces more leptin, which turns appetite centers down. Bones have cells called osteoclasts that build bone and are sensitive to the forces through bone.
Osteoclasts, under increased load, release a messenger back to the body that drives the body back to its set point. Weight lifting may stimulate these cells and release a chemical that brings the body's weight down. Coronary artery disease kills one in four people, and most of us are likely to carry some risk or know someone who does.
To evaluate that risk, you can visit www.virtualheartcheck.com.au.
- Heart disease is a major issue in Australia, with over 20 people dying from it every day.
- Most cases of heart disease could have been prevented with proper knowledge and strategies to reduce risk.
- Genetics and epigenetics play a significant role in obesity, but lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise, and sleep can impact gene expression.
- Keeping carbohydrates down, exercising, and weightlifting can help with weight loss and body fat reduction.
- Leptin is a hormone that regulates appetite and helps the body return to its set point for weight.
- Osteoclasts, cells that build bone, are sensitive to the forces through bone and can release a messenger that helps the body return to its set point for weight.
- Weightlifting may stimulate osteoclasts and release this messenger, leading to weight loss.
- Coronary artery disease is a leading cause of death, with one in four people at risk.
- Virtualheartcheck.com.au provides information about evaluating risk for coronary artery disease.
- The speaker is on a mission to impact heart and general health on a global scale and offers a weight loss course on his website.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON