Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
Doctor Warrick Bishop is a cardiologist, author, and keynote speaker who is on a mission to help people live as well as possible for as long as possible.
Heart disease is a significant issue in Australia, with over 20 people dying from heart disease every day. Doctor Bishop's podcast aims to help people understand how blood pressure, weight, cholesterol, and general health literacy can help prevent heart disease.
In a recent study, researchers found a 35% association between hunger, anger, and irritability, concluding that "hangry" is a real thing. Doctor Bishop wonders if the food participants were consuming impacted the study's results. He shares his own experience with restricted eating and how it has not made him angry.
Doctor Bishop also shares a patient example of how changing one's diet can impact their mood. He encourages listeners to experiment with their diets and share their observations.
Doctor Bishop also promotes a website where people can check their risk of heart attack. He asks listeners to share his podcast with others and rate it if they find it useful.
- Heart disease is a major issue in Australia, with someone suffering a heart attack every 20 minutes and over 20 people dying from heart disease per day.
- Strategies can be put in place to reduce the risk of heart disease and prevent heart attacks.
- The Healthy Heart Network aims to help people live as well as possible for as long as possible.
- Hangry is a real phenomenon, with a 35% association between hunger, anger, and irritability.
- The food we eat may impact whether or not we experience hangry.
- Removing carbohydrates from the middle of the day may help reduce road rage.
- A black coffee with a teaspoon of butter blended in may help with focus and clarity.
- Cheese can be a satisfying snack that helps stave off hunger.
- The risk of heart attack can be checked at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au.
- Sharing the podcast with others can help spread useful information about heart health and general health.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON