Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop discusses the topic of supplements and the confusion surrounding them.
He mentions that there is often literature in the press and medical literature that suggests certain supplements have not been shown to be beneficial. He uses the example of fish oil, which was found to have no outcome benefit in a study that gave relatively healthy people one gram of fish oil a day. However, he notes that people with certain conditions, such as high-risk coronary artery disease with high triglyceride levels, have been shown to benefit from high doses of fish oil. Doctor Bishop emphasizes that supplements do not operate in isolation and that all ingredients are needed to get the desired outcome. He recommends four major supplements for maximal cardiac health: coenzyme Q10, L-carnitine, D-ribose, and magnesium. He also stresses the importance of the quality of the supplement and seeking advice from a reputable dealer. Doctor Bishop concludes by encouraging listeners to consider what supplements they might take and to seek advice if needed.
- Supplements are a topic of confusion and concern for many patients.
- Some studies have shown that certain supplements, such as fish oil and vitamin D, may not offer any benefits.
- The lack of benefit in these studies may be due to factors such as the dose of the supplement or the health status of the participants.
- Fish oil may be beneficial for people with certain conditions, such as high-risk coronary artery disease with high triglyceride levels.
- Supplements do not operate in isolation and may require other dietary or exercise-related changes to generate an appropriate outcome.
- A more comprehensive approach to the use of supplements is needed.
- Four major supplements that may be beneficial for maximal cardiac health are coenzyme Q10, L-carnitine, D-ribose, and magnesium.
- The quality of the supplement is important and should be acquired through a reputable dealer.
- The evidence for the benefits of supplements may never be clear due to the complexity of the human body and the inability to evaluate the holistic impact of different supplements.
- A healthy lifestyle, including regular exercise and a balanced diet, is important for overall health.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON