Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop shares his personal journey with meditation and encourages listeners to explore it for themselves.
He initially thought of himself as the last person who would ever meditate, but with the guidance of James ZG Buckley, he started to do regular meditation and even took on a 21-day meditation challenge. Doctor Bishop was overwhelmed with the results in terms of well-being, awareness of inner peace, and ability to relate to the external world. Meditation is linked to reducing stress and anxiety, improving energy levels, and bringing happiness. It can also lower blood pressure, regulate heart rate, boost the immune system, and promote healing processes within the body.
Doctor Bishop recommends using guided meditation and practicing for 10 minutes in the morning, 10 minutes before bed, and 10 minutes in the middle of the day. He also suggests using breathing techniques like box breathing or triangular breathing to keep the mind focused and calm. Doctor Bishop believes that looking after the mind is just as important as looking after the body and encourages listeners to explore meditation for themselves.
- Doctor Warwick Bishop is a practicing cardiologist and author who is passionate about improving care by helping patients understand their heart health through education.
- Educated patients get the best health care.
- Doctor Bishop undertook a couple of podcast interviews with James ZG Buckley, a world-renowned expert in meditation and hypnosis and founder of Inner Fire Health Bye and Mastery of the Mind Institute.
- Doctor Bishop embraced some of the concepts around meditation to explore it for himself and was overwhelmed with the results in the sense of well-being and his own awareness of his inner peace and his ability to relate to the external world.
- Meditation is linked to reducing stress and anxiety, improving energy levels, bringing a component of happiness, lowering blood pressure, regulating heart rate, boosting the immune system, and promoting healing processes within the body.
- By moving into meditative states, we start to promote healing processes within the body and we can drive nearly a thousand different DNA based or genetic based processes simply by this process of meditation and changing the chemistry within our body to facilitate healing and regenerate DNA.
- Doctor Bishop uses guided meditation and tries to do 10 minutes when he wakes up, 10 minutes when he's going to sleep, and 10 minutes in the middle of the day just to calm his thoughts and be as fresh as possible for his patients through the course of the day.
- Doctor Bishop uses a breathing technique called box breathing or triangular breathing, which is used by the military for their soldiers to keep them focused and by sporting organizations to help their athletes keep focused.
- Doctor Bishop realized that he had spent years looking after his body, making sure that he exercised well and ate well and slept well and maintained a healthy weight, but he hadn't figured that he needed to look after his mind.
- If you are interested and want to know more about meditation, you can contact Dr. Bishop through his website, or you can look up InnerFire-Health, or look up James Z. G. Buckley.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON