Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick discusses several topics related to heart health.
He first talks about a study on aged black garlic, which contains a compound called S-allyl L-cysteine (SAC) that can be beneficial for heart health. The study found that aged black garlic can significantly reduce diastolic blood pressure, which can lower the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Doctor Bishop also discusses the use of smart devices for monitoring heart health, including a study that found photoplethysmography (PPG) sensors to be effective in detecting atrial fibrillation and obstructive sleep apnea. He also talks about a hypertension trial that uses renal artery denervation to reduce blood pressure, which has shown promising results.
Finally, Doctor Bishop discusses the Apollo trial, which looked at a small interfering RNA intervention to lower lipoprotein little a, a particle associated with premature coronary artery disease and aortic stenosis. The trial showed nearly a 98% lowering of LP little a and a 25% lowering of LDL cholesterol.
- Aged black garlic, or BG, has been found to reduce diastolic blood pressure by about 6 millimeters of mercury, which can significantly reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- The Spanish researchers found that the results of the aged black garlic study were similar to those of the DASH diet and other dietary interventions.
- Smart devices that use photoplethysmography (PPG) to evaluate the pulse can be helpful in detecting atrial fibrillation and obstructive sleep apnea.
- The mobile atrial fibrillation and application study detected 0.4% of atrial fibrillation in a low-risk population over a four-year period, demonstrating its effectiveness in detecting irregularly irregular rhythms.
- Renal artery denervation, a process that ablates the sympathetic nerves along the renal arteries, has been found to reduce blood pressure in individuals with high, difficult-to-control blood pressure.
- The Spiral Hypertension On Trial found that the effect of renal artery denervation on blood pressure reduction was maintained over a three-year period.
- The Apollo trial evaluated the efficacy of a small interfering RNA (siRNA) intervention to lower lipoprotein little a (LP little a), a low-density lipoprotein-like particle associated with premature coronary artery disease and aortic stenosis.
- The Apollo trial showed that the siRNA intervention was effective in lowering LP little a by nearly 98% and LDL cholesterol by approximately 25%.
- Educated patients get the best healthcare, and Dr. Warwick believes in improving care by helping patients understand their heart health through education.
- Doctor Warrick's podcast channel provides the latest news on heart disease, and listeners can visit his website for more information.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON