Welcome to Doctor Warrick's Podcast Channel. Warrick is a practicing cardiologist and author with a passion for improving care by helping patients understand their heart health through education. Warrick believes educated patients get the best health care. Discover and understand the latest approaches and technology in heart care and how this might apply to you or someone you love.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop discusses the mechanism of how cholesterol ends up in the arteries.
He talks about the LDL hypothesis, which suggests that lowering bad cholesterol in high-risk individuals can reduce their future risk of heart attack. However, he also mentions that cholesterol is not the whole story and that other factors such as inflammation and wear and tear are also important.
Doctor Bishop introduces Vladimir Subbotin, a researcher who has a different take on how cholesterol ends up in the arteries. Subbotin suggests that cholesterol travels into the middle layer of the artery wall via tiny blood vessels called vasa vasorum, which are there to provide nourishment and nutrients for the artery. Doctor Bishop finds this theory plausible and suggests that it warrants consideration. He concludes by emphasizing the importance of understanding heart health and reducing the risk of heart attack.
- Educated patients get the best healthcare.
- Cholesterol and coronary artery disease are linked.
- LDL cholesterol is the "bad" cholesterol within the bloodstream.
- Lowering cholesterol in high-risk individuals has been shown to correlate with reduced risk.
- Mechanistic processes of how cholesterol gets in the arteries are not fully understood.
- Vladimir Subbotin suggests that cholesterol travels into the middle layer of the artery wall via tiny blood vessels called vasa vasorum.
- Cholesterol buildup occurs in the middle layer of the artery wall, not the inner layer.
- Wear and tear, blood pressure, and inflammation are also important factors in coronary artery disease.
- Regardless of the mechanism, lowering cholesterol in high-risk individuals reduces future risk.
- Doctor Warrick Bishop's website, drwarrickbishop.com, provides the latest news on heart disease.
You've been listening to another podcast from Doctor Warrick. Visit his website at drwarrickbishop.com for the latest news on heart disease. If you love this podcast, feel free to leave us a review.
Check out my books at https://drwarrickbishop.com/page/books
Take Free Heart Risk Check- KNOW YOUR REAL RISK OF HEART ATTACK
Heart disease is the number one killer in the Western World and can be prevented in many cases. Being fit and healthy is no guarantee that the arteries in your heart are in good shape. We believe you can prevent a heart attack. We can put in place strategies to reduce risk. We can literally plan to change your future...
Find out more: https://virtualheartscan.com/index
Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!