Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this episode, Doctor Bishop delves into the complex topic of heart rate variability and its implications for overall health. Doctor Bishop acknowledges that understanding heart rate variability is challenging but emphasizes the importance of exploring it further. Heart rate variability has been linked to the health of the heart, gut, and gas exchange in the body. It is influenced by the autonomic nervous system and can fluctuate over time. Doctor Bishop expresses optimism about the future of understanding and utilizing heart rate variability, especially with the help of wearable monitoring devices.
- Doctor Bishop discusses the concept of heart rate variability and its importance in relation to heart health, gut health, and gas exchange in the body.
- Heart rate variability is a measure of the autonomic nervous system balance and reflects the body's ability to quickly accelerate or decelerate heart rate as needed.
- The autonomic nervous system has two modes: fight or flight and rest and digest, and heart rate variability is closely linked to maintaining a balance between these modes.
- Heart rate variability can be influenced by various factors, such as diseases, the brain's impact on the heart, and changes in the body's environment.
- Doctor Bishop acknowledges that understanding heart rate variability can be complicated and mentions the need for consistent measures and data sets to better assess and compare heart rate variability in individuals.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON