Welcome to my podcast. I am Doctor Warrick Bishop, and I want to help you to live as well as possible for as long as possible. I’m a practising cardiologist, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and the creator of The Healthy Heart Network. I have over 20 years as a specialist cardiologist and a private practice of over 10,000 patients.
In this podcast, Doctor Warrick Bishop discusses a study that found a simple 10-second test to predict mortality. The test involves standing on one leg for 10 seconds or more. The study followed 1,700 male participants between the ages of 51 and 75 for 15 to 20 years.
The researchers found that if an individual was unable to stand on one leg for 10 seconds or more, their likelihood of dying substantially increased over the subsequent 7 years. At age 70, approximately 50% of candidates were unable to stand on one leg for 10 seconds or more.
The test is a surrogate test for frailty and an indicator of 7-year mortality. The components of being able to perform this test will impact quality of life and independence.
OsteoStrong is a system of four major machines that work an individual in a maximal capacity for a very short period of time to try and achieve improved strength, improved balance, and improved bone strength. The osteostrong routine only takes about 10 minutes per week. Doctor Bishop believes that helping people live as well as possible for as long as possible is important.
- A 10-second test to stand on one leg can predict mortality.
- The Brazilian research group followed 1700 male participants aged 51-75 for 15-20 years.
- The inability to stand on one leg for 10 seconds or more increases the likelihood of dying substantially over the subsequent 7 years.
- At age 70, approximately 50% of candidates were unable to stand on one leg for 10 seconds or more.
- The test is a surrogate test for frailty and an indicator of 7-year mortality.
- Balance, flexibility, strength, and power are important components of frailty as people age.
- The ability to perform the test impacts quality of life and independence.
- OsteoStrong is a system of four major machines that work an individual in a maximal capacity for a very short period of time to achieve improved strength, balance, and bone strength.
- OsteoStrong is an anti-frailty device that can help mitigate frailty and maintain independence for as long as possible.
- The osteostrong routine only takes about 10 minutes per week.
Australia, like the rest of the western world, has a heart problem.
Over 9 million people around the world die from heart disease every year.
Every 10 minutes, someone in Australia suffers a heart attack. And 21 lives are lost daily because of it.
The devastating fact in all of this is…
Almost every one of those cases could have been prevented.
This podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their health literacy and gain information to help them make the best decisions about their risk of heart attack, their cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, weight loss and general health. Join me on my personal mission journey to prevent Heart Attack on a global scale. If you like this podcast, I would be honoured by a 5-star review and appreciate if you let your friends and family know about this podcast; you may even save the life of someone you love!
Are You at Risk of a Sudden Heart Attack? How Healthy is Your Heart? Really?
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the Western World. In Australia, someone dies every 28 minutes from heart disease. That’s 51 people a day. In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 SECONDS! Fortunately, many heart attacks are preventable. However, regular exercise and eating healthy are no guarantee you won’t succumb to this silent killer.
- 94% of Australians have at least One Risk Factor for heart disease.
- 59% of Australians have been Touched by heart disease.
- Yet only 3% of Australians have had a Full Heart-Health Assessment in the past 12 months.
Do the free heart check today at www.virtualheartcheck.com.au
Join the Healthy Heart Network and become part of our growing community!
Do You Want to Improve Your Heart’s Health and Reduce Your Risk of Suffering a Heart Attack? Join The Healthy Heart Network For Only $5 Lifetime Access (Valued at over $55)!
The Healthy Heart Network is designed to help members:
- understand the present state of their heart’s health
- recognise their current level of risk of suffering a heart attack
- Learn the positive steps they can take to improve their situation
Visit https://healthyheartnetwork.com/ and click on the JOIN THE FAMILY BUTTON